30 Oct SECOND HARVEST OVERALL WINNER IN 2018 NASHVILLE RIB OFF
Nashville Chamber’s Porknership 2020 improved its smoking technique and captured the blue ribbon in the rib category, after placing second in last year’s competition. The NAI Nashville team took the top honors for its chicken wings.
Teams competed in five categories, with judges awarding the following:
- Rib category – Nashville Chamber (first place), NAI Nashville (second place), TVA (third place);
- Wing category – NAI Nashville (first place), Nashville Chamber (second place), Colliers (third place);
- Best Side Dish – Nashville Chamber’s Loaded Baked Potato Salad;
- Best Booth Design – MJM; and
- Best Team Uniform – Secondhand Smoke.
But the real winner of the daylong competition is Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, which receives all proceeds totaling $1,400 in honor of the winning teams.
“We appreciate our corporate friends participating in the friendly competition and raising money for one of our favorite nonprofits,” said Lizabeth Theiss, barbecue grandmaster and vice president of business development for Crain Construction. “The Rib Off is part of our year-round give back to the community program, and no matter what the weather is, it’s always a fun event.”
Crain Construction employees, Rib Off teams and guests also participated in a food drive that netted more than 200 canned goods for Second Harvest.
Judges for the 2018 Rib Off were Patrick Davidson, co-owner of Bare Bones Butcher; Brian Parker, sports agent and partner at MGC Sports; Joe Baltz, United Rentals; singer/songwriter Jillian Cardarelli; and singer/songwriter Lance Carpenter.
# # #